Misunderstanding evolution

One of the sites I write for is MileHive, which was started earlier this year as an experiment in citizen journalism. I was added to the team of writers to offer a perspective and voice on health issues and research. One of my recent articles was The Real Theory of Evolution. There has been much speculation since Ben Stein and a handful of forgettable film-makers made a copyright infringing propaganda film and I was getting tired of reading time and time again false statements about what the theory of evolution states. After observing many discussions on the matter, I wrote that article.

I admit I am not an evolutionary biologist, but I think I have a grasp on the basics of the theory enough to present it to those who know nothing at all. It has been a topic of interest for me for years as I once misunderstood it and was blinded by religious philosophy as well.

No comments: